Sunday, May 27, 2012

Daniel's First Birthday

My little boy is one! He had the cutest hair when he woke up and I didn't brush it all day.
Everyone is happy that he can face forwards now!
Unfortunately, neither boy really enjoyed the merry-go-round.
Playing with his prize lizards with Grandma Gawk (Clark)
Nothing says "birthday" like pizza!
What a cheeseball
When I was deciding the cake to make, I thought, "What does Daniel love? Running, wrestling, playing ball, rolling, exploring, digging through trash, digging, making messes... Clearly he is a boy (hence the blue frosting) and clearly he needs a cake he can destroy (hence the simplicity and the chocolate inside)" And clearly, we are cheap and I just clumped a bunch of existing small candles together to make one big candle.

First grab...
Bam! Instantly destroyed!
(On my camera, humorously these pictures are right next to each other. I took a long video in between, but if you didn't know that, it might seem like he destroyed this thing between two clicks of the camera.
Carefully digging through the mess.

Samuel put more candles on because he wanted to blow them out again.
Washing dishes with Grandma.
Reading about trucks
Daniel's favorite thing at the temple is this pile of rocks.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Hope you guys are enjoying Arizona and all its lovely heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gramma nonie says: Oh my goodness that Danny is sooooo darling!! These are the best pictures. I love the two car seat picture. Charlotte's boys are wonderful!! Great parenting!! Nice Gramma Gawk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that daniel's favorite thing at the temple are the rocks! i love little boys!!!

    ReplyDelete